Thursday 4 July 2013

Behind the Blog; Whats its all about?

I thought I'd write this week about.......me!

I wanted to share with you all why it is so important for me to write this blog. Afterall- don't we all have a suburb? Arent these just everyday topics?

Well yes in fact- they are! And thats the very reason I love to do it!

I bought my first home in Thornlie with my husband in August 2012. Like any first home buyers- this was a momentous occasion for us. Our own home!

But it was more than just a home that we bought that day. We bought a street, a set of neighbours, a community of people. We bought a culture, a local servo, a train station and a local park (or three!).

The past (nearly) 12 months has been such an amazing time, meeting people, trying the local restaurants and learning the quirks of our neighborhood! This is something we all experience every day of our lives... but how often do we stop and take it all in?

I have learned to be truelly grateful of the town I call home. I find inspiration from the beauty of the suburb, enjoyment and warmth from the people. I find myself being fascinated to see how the town has changed and how it continues to change!


Thornlie Square - Circa 1970s

Thornlie Square - Modern Day


This is what I hope to share with you.

I am not associated with any business or organisation. There is no commercial motive. I make no money from doing this, and do so only for the love of it.

What I'd like to do by writing this blog, is share with anyone and everyone, the wonderful things about the town of Thornlie. What makes it special- what makes it a unique and magical place to live. I'd like to share the culture and the people, the businesses and the history, so that we can all spend a few moments every now and then appreciating the place we call home.

So thats a little bit about me, and I'll be bringing you a little bit about Thornlie again very soon :)

Forever 6108!



1 comment:

  1. You are a superstar Catty, I love reading your work, you have a unique engaging style and I hope to see more in the future!

    ReplyDelete